Wednesday, December 1, 2010

of dragons and a kitty

More dragon ring holders. I find that I can only make about 3 before my concentration fails me completely. One of these will be underglazed red, I'm not sure about the other two. The red one will be a gift, the others will be for sale at the BHC studio sale on December 11 and 12.

And here's an update on one of the kitty pendants. This is for #1 of The Poupounette. It is meant to be a sort of memorial pendant in honor of dear Yuu-chan who crossed the Rainbow Bridge this past autumn. The symbolism of the rainbow is well defined. The kimono is wrapped right over left which is how Japanese people wrap kimonos on the deceased.

I know that I will be making more pendants like the Yuu-chan one. Two are in the process of being painted right now. And I have been asked to make a few for friends whose kitties or parent's kitties have passed on. I will post photos of those in the future. Right now, I'm still in the prototyping stage. I need to make sure the underglaze doesn't burn out at cone 10. Perhaps I will have to give up my cone 10 snobbery and go to cone 5 (a lower temperature). We shall have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment