Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Spiderwoman platter and more on my latest sculpture

I realized that I hardly ever post pictures of my finished work. So, finally, you can see what one of my underglazed platters looks like when completely fired. I like this design. I think I'll have to carve it into a slab of porcelain and add some underglaze to it. That will happen after I finish my latest bunch of plates.

So, on Tuesday, I added a head to my latest sculpture. The face was kind of fun to make, but I still need to work on getting faster and better at making heads.

Here's a close up. I've decided that I wanted to keep playing with expressions on my sculptures. Blank faces don't interest me as much anymore. Can't wait to get started on the rest of her details.

Surprisingly, my office will be closed for the Labor Day holiday on Friday as well as Monday. As my weekend is all filled up, I get to 'play' on Friday. Yay! Will post photos of how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment