Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Year! Honey Jar

Happy New Year! Well, I am starting off the year with a honey jar made for a friend. You can see the jar in its leather hard state. In the photo above, the cylinder laying on its side is a glaze sample. When the honey jar is bisque fired, I'll be using the Ohata glaze which is a lovely rusty red.

Here is another view of the jar.

The other project I started was another hippo for another friend. After this, I have a number of items to make (3 custom plates, creamer and sugar for my cousin's bridal shower, yarn bowls for the store and for my mom's friend). I shall be quite busy in the next few months. And I am very happy about that. I just hope I have some time to do this sea-horse sculpture that is floating around my head and yes, that was a very bad pun... And the creature is more like a horse in the front with a fishtail rather than a real seahorse. I will keep you informed about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment