Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's the beginning of a new year and I'm heading in a new direction. First up, painted porcelain pendants. I slab out some porcelain, fire them to cone 10, sand them with 200 and 400 mesh Diapads so they are super smooth. Then, I use paint pens to paint on them. The above sugar skull kitty was inspired by an assignment at work where I had to create a sugar skull kitty. The above is similar to what I created digitally.


Back in December, I made a test version of the sugar skull cat which long time customer bought. Afterwards, a friend ordered some earrings and a pendant. So, those shown above are the result.

I will have more create in the next few weeks. I've got a bird shape and a manatee shape. I think I shall also create some of these kitties and attach them to a clip with ribbons. They should be cute!


And finally, here is a shoe that I am in the process of underglazing. I hope to make more shoes and maybe some boots.

As for functional ware, I will continue to do those, but only on commission.

Lots of other ideas are floating around in my head. Hope to get all of them out by year end!

No comments:

Post a Comment