Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mermaid with arms!

Having gone through some older posts, I realized I never posted a photo of the Mermaid with her arms. So, here she is.

Also, I forgot to take a photo of the seahorse boat. Not too keen on it. There's definite room for improvement.

Last night was fun. Aside from making the boat, I was able to do some raku with a student's piece. Learned a little more about firing the bigger raku kiln (keeping it slow, doing a final burst of reduction at the end to get the color of the pot right (color in terms of how hot the pot is, not how the glaze will be) as well as how much more paper I need to add to the burn barrel at the end.

All in all, a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Squeeeeee! She's lovely! And her tail stayed on? And double squeeeeeee... egg cups soon! (OK, it doesn't have to be soon... whenever is good, too!)

    ReplyDelete