Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where does the time go???


Hello! Yes, it has been quite some time since I've updated this blog. I'd say I was busy, but I was only a bit busy.

I attended the Spring sale in May and took a break from pottery after that. Not much of a break, mind you, but nevertheless, a break. I also went to Ireland for 5 days which did eat into some pottery making time.

Ah well, enough excuses.

Above you see are some bowls I threw last weekend. I had my parents over to my new condo and realized I had no serving bowls whatsoever! Silly me. I had sold all my bowls. And since bowls are such a big seller at sales, I decided to make more.

Usually, I work on commission pieces first and then work on sale stuff. This means I'm always facing a crunch around the sale time. This time, I decided to make a ton of bowls and other stock and then, right before the sale, I will work on commission pieces (egg cups for Emma and Lisa, a popover holder for Tina, and some ikebana vases for a friend's boyfriend's mom...)

So, that's my plan. I'll try to do better about keeping you updated on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment