Thursday, October 14, 2010

Finally done with bowls!

The last 4 bowls are trimmed and drying! Thank goodness. I was getting a little tired of making them. The one on the bottom right has me a bit worried. It was horribly off center when I was trimming it and one part is a bit 'bendy'. Hopefully it will survive.

Finally getting to the sugar, creamer and 2 mugs for a tea set. The cup in the very back (center) will be my Mom's new cup. A while ago, I made a set of cups for my family to use during family dinner (Mom, Dad, Becky, Mar... I inscribed all our names on the cups). Mom's cup developed a V-shaped crack and just broke. Not sure how that happened. Anyhow, she needed a new cup. Now she gets one.

Finally, I threw a platter. Working on getting Christmas presents made. I don't think this platter is quite big enough for my Aunt. So I shall have to use more clay when I make hers...

I'm thinking of making some 1 1/2 lb bowls soon. It's always good to have a variety. And, well, I can always use more bowls for myself, right???

1 comment: