Saturday, May 7, 2011

A new Tree Woman and underglazing a fish

Some of you might recall the trimmed Tree Woman. One of the BHC sale customers really liked her and at the time, I wasn't willing to sell her. Now, since she's been trimmed, I can't sell her. So, at long last, I'm work on a new one. Here's the body of the new Tree Woman thrown out of Sculpture Raku. I think that I'll be adding some to her base to make it look kind of like the bird bath I was working on (which, by the way, is done and drying. Pictures to come!)



Now, since I like to change up what I make, here's what I've been working on.
I've been sketching big eyed designs such as the fish above with the intention of painting them on little plates. I do have to make some pasta bowls before I can make the little plates. But, I'm excited to have a new project/goal in mind.

A few weeks ago, I found a bisqued bowl and I decided to underglaze it. I had no idea what to underglaze, but it's a good test to see how the colors work and how easy it is to paint this type of work.
I'm thinking that it needs some blue around it. Or not. I will think about it. Hope to get it glazed tomorrow, so I can't spend too long thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment