Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tree Woman version 2

Here she is. Tree Woman version 2. This one is a lot happier than the previous one. And her head is a lot bigger. I seem to be making bigger heads for my sculptures. It's not bad, but it makes my ladies less than slender than I first imagine. Maybe I'm going through a phase.

Right side.
Back. I really like how much is going on here. Unfortunately, like the first one, I seem to add too much too the back and then it causes issues with back bending and heads wanting to fall off backwards.

Left side. Still, she's interesting.

This is the first sculpture where I opened the mouth and tried to give her some expression. I like her face and all the action going on with her. Hopefully, she'll be ready for the next wood fire at the end of this month.

Oh, and a friend called her: scary beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment