Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gandalf statue


I worked on the Gandalf statue tonight. He now has a head and a hat. I'm actually quite pleased with how he's turning out. This is the first time I've sculpted a male. I think I've done a better job on him than I have on the ladies I've made. Maybe this is a sign for me to do more male sculptures.


Here's a close up of his face. You can't really see the age lines I've put in his face. The flash sort of washed it out.


Here's his profile from one side.


And his profile from the other side.

Now, I just have to figure out his arms. I do know that I want his left arm upraised and I think I'll have his right arm bent and curled in over his stomach. The left arm could cause issues with sagging or just plain falling off if I'm not careful in how I attach it. Hopefully, I will get this done this week.

3 comments:

  1. he's awesome. i love all the lines and movement in his hair and beard. and the twists in his hat! seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete