Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gandalf

A few years ago, I was very much into the Lord of the Rings movies. I made a candle holder that was carved with a pattern similar to Gandalf the White's staff. My aunt bought the candle holder.

A few months ago, Aunty came to my place, looked at my sculptures and said, "You have to make me a Gandalf to go with my candle holder."

So, a few weeks ago, I made the base for the sculpture. Last night, I added wrinkles to the base. Now, I have to add the head and arms and such. That will be this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I used to be a huge LOTR fan, although my ardor has cooled to less dorky levels. (Although only marginally: I just got the LOTR trivial pursuit to play with Geoff and his daughter.) Do you have any photos of your aunt's candle holder? I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete